RSS

Saturday, May 29, 2010

an exploration


I had just left Old Town
to walk up a great forested hill
when the rain came

I ducked into an ancient library
but the deluge lasted 
the length of a cigarette
so I left the stacks of wisdom
and the grey overhead gave way 
to electric blue 

through the canopy 
and beyond the waterfalls
past an ancient warrior ground
I saw a sign that said Magical Cavern
so naturally I followed it

at the top of the hill
was a gathering of folk
but they knew nothing of the cave

they began to talk
and suddenly with my arrival 
were questioning everything
they thought they knew

there was a soft righteous sound 
and A Whiter Shade of Pale 
drifted down the hill

but it was the Michael Bolton version
and the Magic Cave was a gift shop
so I descended



0 comments:

Post a Comment